An example for the interactive calculation of a truss (here: a simplified bridge) with the kinematics software ASOM v7, considering the following features:
- a truck drives over the shown bridge
- both wheel pairs (front and rear) transmit partial loads independently
- all results for all parts of the bridge (e.g. bearing forces and tensile/compressive member forces) are immediately available for the whole distance of travel
- changes of the truck load are considered automatically
- on changes in truss structure all results are updated immediately
It is also shown how the kinematic constraints and the acting forces and masses for the system were entered.