An example for the interactive calculation of a truss (here: a simplified bridge) with the kinematics software ASOM v7, considering the following features:
- a truck drives over the shown bridge
- both wheel pairs (front and rear) transmit partial loads independently
- all results for all parts of the bridge (e.g. bearing forces and tensile/compressive member forces) are immediately available for the whole distance of travel
- changes of the truck load are considered automatically
- on changes in truss structure all results are updated immediately
It is also shown how the kinematic constraints and the acting forces and masses for the system were entered
As an addition to the original video, this "making of" allows a look behind the scenes and shows how the example project was built.