ASOM v7 2.4.543 available
Logged-in users can now find the newest release version 2.4.543 of the kinematics software ASOM v7 on our Download page. To update your copy of the software, download the ASOM v7 installer, uninstall the old version and install the new version.
The following changes were made:
- Kinematics: The spindle drive has been revised. It now has a refined and corrected physics-based model, as well as new options for a popup spring, an overload clutch, and motor chracteristics. Please be aware that some of the pre-existing parameters are now interpreted differently.
- Diagrams: New experimental types “Current-demand” and “Force for misuse with clutch”, which come with the revised spindle drive. Please be aware that for these diagram types we cannot guarantee the usual seamless backwards compatibility in upcoming versions of ASOM (beyond ASOM v7).
- Diagrams: New type “Lever Arm” for connection points of linear forces and holding forces as well as for mass and manual force.
- General: When moving elements by arrow key + shift the step size is now set to the currently chosen width of the auxiliary grid.
- Script: The parameter “Simulation.Duration” is now also available for script data sources (makes scaling to the duration of the simulation possible, e.g.).
- Various fixes and improvements